The Early Education Centre’s (TEEC’s) vision is for young children to learn through play. We believe society should invest in early education and one of the characteristics of children is learning through play.
Our Mission is to improve the quality of early learning and education for children 0-9 years.
Supports primary caregivers with their parenting practices; Builds on existing skills and strengths to promote positive early learning development outcomes for their children; Enhances the skills and knowledge of unskilled practitioners; and Provides support to improve the quality of early childhood programmes.
TEEC strives to:
- Operate a resource centre and toy library for primary caregivers and practitioners to borrow resources, educational toys and equipment to stimulate children’s early learning and enable them to reach their potential.
- Create a positive and nurturing environment for parents, especially teenage parents, to gain an understanding of their responsibilities with regards to effective parenting practices and the role they play in the early learning and development of their children.
- Increase awareness of children’s rights in relation to development, survival and protection.
- Train, mentor and support early childhood practitioners to improve the quality of early childhood programmes.
- Assist early childhood sites to comply with the Children’s Act (No.38 of 2005) to register as a partial care facility and access the Government subsidy to sustain the site.
- Build partnerships with government, local businesses, farms, community organisations and donors to act collectively so that opportunities to participate in a range of quality ECD programmes can become a reality.